Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 13 – Monday 21st June [Fever-town]

No really huge games today so we took the morning easy. I have been doing a bit of blog catch-up & Sash has gone to do some gift shopping. I am starting to truly enjoy writing – I think I have a knack – what do you think – am I entertaining, let me know. Sash & I also took the time to skype with our families – damn I love that tool – so much cheaper than mobile & we get to see our families. They are all well & are a great support to Sash & I as we stand the front line in support of our country – someone has to do it I guess.
We watch the early game [Portugal v North Korea] in our hotel bar over some light lunch & a couple of Windhoek Lagers [local beer]. The game is being played in Capetown – where Sash & I were last week & it is raining cats & dogs – so much like Melbourne winter weather. We are still both exhausted, so after the game [Portugal won 7-0] we both decide to have some more sleep – seriously old farts who clearly are too old to go hard every day. Oh by the way I want to step up the appeal for a royal commission into World Cup Qualification [North Korea 7-0 defeat – you have to be shitting me – they are better off re-investing budgetary funds away from sporting development into nuclear weaponry – oh hang on they are already onto that one – oh & did you know they do not encourage the support of fans at the game – any wonder the players eventually looked like they wanted to be somewhere else, probably South Korea].
Tonight we went to a new place recommended to Sash by someone we met. The place is called Billy BUMS [Bright Upwardly Mobile Socialites] & some of the patrons clearly are in keeping with the restaurant name – well to do 20 & 30 something’s dominate the demographic . We watch Spain v Honduras on the big screens – good thing about South Africa is that every bar/pub is right behind the football so you do not have to go too far to watch the football. Spain clean up Honduras 2-0, should have won 15-0. Honduras, how did they get here. Did they stow away on someone else’s plane. They are seriously rubbish – have not won a game in 5 world cup campaigns – are you serious.
Another night of no party as Sash & I are feeling tired & sick – cold nights in Capetown have knocked us about & so we need time to rest & recover for our assault on Joberg. Tomorrow we have our last live game [Nigeria v South Korea] yet Greece is playing at the same time, so I am going dressed in Greek gear – Zito Ellada, but before that Sash & I plan to show our support to Bafana [South Africa] who play the frogs [France]in the early game – Waka Waka.
Seeya.























No comments:

Post a Comment