Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 10 – Friday 18th June [Algeria v England]

Well the lover’s quarrel is over, we have kissed & made up & now it’s time to continue with our honeymoon......................shit hang on I mean our football odyssey – seriously though you hang around with someone for long enough every day you start to hallucinate – for example I am starting to see that Sash is actually attractive. Alright for all those whose jaws have dropped or worse yet have said I knew it, I knew there was something going on between those two – CHILL. I am taking the piss as you can when you are 10,000 miles from home & miss the ones you love – so I am indulging in a moment of harmless insanity – but rest assured all bums are pointing to the ground [well at least mine is].
Now that the bullshit is done lets reflect on day 10. It’s a good thing we are keeping this blog as it forces us to write the day of the week as we literally are forgetting what day it is. David Burke taught me one thing – yep that’s right in 2 years only 1 thing – I am only shitting you guys, actually he has taught me 2 – I gotta stop – anyway, he said when you go on holiday ditch the watch – Burkey its been a ripper – very liberating.
Today turned out to be a real football day. For the first time I would suggest we actually watched all three games. We went to the local eatery [Joe Cools – Pub/Restaurant by day & Club by night] to watch the Germany v Serbia game [midday] & have some lunch – notwithstanding the ample number of street food vendors [check out the chipstick]. Whilst nice to watch the Germans lose a game, those Serb fans can be ferrel. One in particular was giving us the evil eye & I thought I was going to have to go over & beat some respect into him – until I re-entered the earth’s atmosphere & realised he probably would have clubbed me to death. Mate there is no accounting for ethnic passion/insanity – such a fine line – sorry Boris & Boris [B1/B2 hmmm] – no offence intended.
We actually watched the second game from our hotel [USA v Slovenia] a bloody cracker. Finished 2-2 & the USA came back from the death [2-0 down] – shit I was so hoping they would get pumped – arrogant suckers aren’t they. It seems everyone wants to shoot down the US.............oh & the Germans. We even have time for a catnap.......such old farts – actually Sash kept working away, something about Hoshin reviews or something – the guy keeps speaking in foreign languages.
We get ourselves kitted out in our England garb because tonite we are supporting the British & showing our allegiance to the queen – actually we just want to piss up with all the English fans – they are nuts. We go to Joe Cools again [yes we are loyal] & get shocked to find out that the place has given priority to the party scene & football has been relegated to a makeshift tent upstairs. After having a stern word with the owner – I told him I would be writing a protest letter & demanding a royal commission as this was simply not British...............to which he said F@#k Off you sod & go upstairs & watch the game – to which I replied “all right then” – I showed him.
Made a fuss over nothing because the game was like an English winters day – gloomy, uneventful, boring & frankly quite forgetable [0-0]. The highlight was Wayne Rooney mouthing off at cameras after the game, thanking the English Supporters.............went something like this............”nice to see English fans booing the f@#k out of us, you f@#%en idiots” – he is considering political office after football said his PR agent.
We drowned our sorrows afterward & even had a little dance – I am seriously struggling to appreciate rap - & it is dominating the landscape – what the – bring back Cold Chisel [are they still touring]. Oh the young fella in the red jacket is Juan Paulo a Chilean lad travelling with his brother Roberto – he made our photo short list as both Sash & I admired his handy work at the club – a smooth operator – modern day Don Juan.
Bye for now.







































No comments:

Post a Comment